Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and they’re not wrong! If you’re thinking of going on a diet, cutting out your breakfast isn’t a healthy way to lose weight. Instead try a healthy breakfast. Many healthy breakfasts actually require very little effort and will do wonders for your body. Below are my favorite 4 healthy breakfast recipes.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl:
A smoothie bowl is a simple breakfast that’s one of the most healthy and colorful morning meals there is. You can get creative with this by adding different toppings – I love blueberries and raspberries but you can try other ingredients such as nuts or shredded coconut.
- 1 Banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen pineapple slices
- 1 cup frozen mango slices
- 1 cup almond milk
- Topping of your choice
- Add the banana, pineapple, mango and almond milk into your smoothie maker or blender and pulse until it is smooth. You may need to stop and stir the mixture occasionally if does not have an even consistency. If it is too thick then you can add a bit more water to thin it out.
- Once you are happy you can pour it into your bowl (usually enough for two bowls).
- Add your favorite toppings.
Avocado and Egg on Toast:
A tasty morning treat that’s full of protein and ready to eat within just 5 minutes that will set you up for the day.
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 oz mashed avocado (approx 1/4 of full size)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Piri Piri sauce
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl until it has a smooth texture, sprinkling salt and pepper on top.
- Place the oil into a small frying pan a heat it. Crack the egg into the pan and fry until cooked to your liking.
- Toast bread in a toaster or under a grill.
- Remove the toast.
- Spread the mashed avocado over toast, top with egg, salt and pepper and a dash of Piri Piri sauce.
This breakfast cereal is full of fiber, vitamins and protein, that’s ready in just a couple of minutes.
- 1 tablespoon. oats
- 1 tablespoon. quick-cooking barley
- 1 tablespoon. chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Low-fat milk
- Add the barley, oats and water into a microwavable bowl and microwave for 90 seconds (800W).
- Add raisins and cinnamon and stir.
- Microwave for another 90 seconds.
- Pour milk over cereal
- Sprinkle with nuts
Banana and Almond Butter Pancakes
These take a little longer but are delicious – and healthy!
- 1 large, ripe banana.
- 1/4 cup. smooth almond butter
- 2 eggs
- Cut 1/3 of the banana into slices. Mash the remaining banana in a bowl with the almond butter before whisking in the eggs.
- Heat a small frying pan and add a spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan until it browns.
- Flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place the pancake on your plate and cover with sliced banana and honey.