Loose waves are one of my favourite go-to styles which is always in fashion. This summery look encapsulates natural beauty and an easy-going lifestyle. There aren’t many people whose hair naturally forms these gentle curls, but they can be achieved in just under 10 minutes. There’s a variety of different ways to get these gorgeous waves, and we’ve summarized the 4 best ways below.
If you’re short on time, this is a simple trick that takes just a few minutes before bed and then you can wake up with stunning waves.
- Brush your hair
- Slightly dampen your hair by splashing water on it
- Add mousse to your hair
- Put on your headband
- Loop hair around your headband
- Keep looping the hair around moving it back across the headband.
- Pin your hair to keep it secure
- Spray hair with hairspray
- Go to sleep
- Wake up and remove your headband and enjoy your beautiful waves.
To see a visual demonstration of this technique click here.
If you’re looking for a bit more bounce in your waves then hot rollers are the choice for you. They’re simple to use and are a great trick to get curls with little effort.
- Add one 1.5 inch roller to the front of your hair
- Insert the pin so it is facing forward
- Repeat this moving backwards across your head so you have multiple rollers attached
- Add more rollers to the sides of your head
- Clip all the rollers into place
- Spray your hair all over
- Wait a few minutes
- Remove rollers and release your bouncy waves.
Heat styling with a curling iron is one of the most common hairs to curl your hair.
- Brush your hair so there aren’t any tangles
- Turn the curling iron to the appropriate heat. For thinner hair use a low setting.
- Clamp a section in the middle of your hair and curl it upward
- Repeat the around your head
- Comb your hair and add a final bit of hairspray.
Braids help to create an amazing wavy texture to straight hair. All you need is a bottle of mousse and a hairdryer and follow the following steps:
- Apply mousse to your roots and spread it down to the middle of your hair.
- Dry your hair approximately 75% of full dryness.
- Braid your hair
- Loosen the braids
- Blow-dry the remaining 25% of wetness
- Completely unravel the braids
- Admire your stunning loose waves.
All of these methods work amazingly to get beautiful wavy hair. Try them out and see which one works best for you and you’ll have a simple, go-to style for when you want to mix things up.